Insurance and IRA Beneficiary Designation Benefits
- You retain flexibility to modify or cancel your gift anytime.
- You can gift specific assets, especially those that tend to be heavily taxed when left to heirs.
- You will become a member of the Julius Churchill Society, named in honor of the university’s first president. Donors in this special group receive exclusive invitations to events and other activities.
- You will create a legacy at Southern Oregon University.
Beneficiary Designations Overview
Making a gift in this way requires no cash outlay or withdrawal. You simply name the SOU Foundation as the beneficiary of your account or plan. Action steps include:
- Request a change-of-beneficiary form from your retirement plan administrator, insurance company or financial institution.
- Name SOU Foundation (Federal Tax ID Number 23-7030910) as a beneficiary, indicating the percentage or amount SOU Foundation is to receive.
- Return the completed form to your retirement plan administrator, insurance company or financial institution.
- Send a copy to the SOU Foundation as it helps ensure that we honor your wishes.
We’d Love to Hear from You!
Please contact the Office of Development to discuss further your charitable intent. We can provide a personalized document to share with your attorney or tax adviser. Communication with the staff is always confidential and never infers an obligation.